Fact: Brisbanites have a serious relationship with brunch. We brunch on Sundays. We brunch on weekdays. We brunch on public holidays. Hell, we even brunch in the afternoons, and have been known to brunch twice in one day (don’t judge us – you know you want to).
So to help you brunch better, we’ve put together yet another round of the best breakfast Brisbane has to offer (one and two were never going to be enough). Because with an obsession like ours, there’s always going to be another spot to try.
- Paddington Deli | Paddington | Sweet corn fritters. The best part about this fritter stack? They’re gluten free!
- Brio | Newstead | Breakfast doughnuts. Doughnuts for breakfast – need we say more? How ‘bout that they come with bacon?
- Fuel & Co | Nundah | Hotcakes. Not just any hotcakes but the fluffiest, most satisfying hotcakes you’ll ever eat, with luscious cream and fresh fruit.
- Kin + Co | Newstead | French toast. Love salted caramel? You’ll love it atop crisp brioche French toast with caramelized bananas.
- Darling & Co | Paddington | Baked eggs. Spicy sausages baked in rich tomato sauce will have you saying, ‘It’s delicious Darling!’
- Café Noma | Wavell Heights | The Noma Food Coma. Eggs, bacon, haloumi and sautéed mushrooms will leave you in a food coma before you’re even done.
- Suburban | West End | Breakfast nachos. Any excuse to eat deep fried potato swirls topped with chilli and eggs for breakfast, right?
- The Charming Squire | South Brisbane | Rocky road French toast. Didn’t know The Charming Squire did breakfast? You will after a plate of chocolate, marshmallow and salted peanut ice cream topped waffles!
- Let Minnow Café | Clayfield | Breakfast charcuterie. We always knew charcuterie was for any time of day, and now we’ve been proven right.
- Putia Pure Food Kitchen | Banyo | Spiced carrot waffle. With whipped cream cheese, grapes and candied walnuts, vegetables have never tasted so good.
- Hawkes & Crosby | Anstead | Breakfast hash. Gold hash browns just right for dipping in soft boiled eggs and creamy dijon.
- Chester Street | Newstead | Crispy fried eggs. If you can tear your eyes from the cake cabinet, feast them on a bowl of creamed corn with crispy pancetta and eggs.
- Honor Food Co. | New Farm | Breakfast board for 2. Don’t try to keep this one to yourself – you’ll never find more breakfast eats on one plate!
- The Baker’s Arms | Woolloongabba | Bangers and beans. The cure to any hangover, this pile of protein will leave you drooling.
- Bowen Arrow Café | Bowen Hills | Breakfast bagel. Bowen Arrow’s bagels are legendary, but it’s their sweet potato rosti stuffed number that has us coming back for more.
- Benzina | Kenmore | Morning pizzetta. Pizza for breakfast? We’re in! Especially when there’s cispy pancetta and eggs involved.
- Ashton & Old | Camp Hill | Brekky burger. Steak and bacon together is always a good idea. Add the sweet potato wedges if you dare.
- Bare Bones Society | Jindalee | Savoury mince. Sometimes, simple is best, and this plate of eggs, haloumi and mince on flat bread is delicious proof.
- The Smug Fig | East Brisbane | The Fig Brekky. When you’ve got a serious hanger, just say fig it and tuck into this pile of hash, bacon, eggs and chorizo.
- Bell Jar Café | Kangaroo Point | Buckwheat pancakes. Don’t let the buckwheat fool you, these fluffy pancakes with honey walnut ice cream and bananas are truly indulgent.
Words by Ranyhyn Akui